I plan on learning how to complete this project through Pinterest. I will look for videos and/or blogs that provide step-by-step instructions as well as ideas.
10 Authentic Questions for Inquiry:
1. How many coats of stain will it take to make the chairs and table look as desired?
2. What will be the most efficient way to sand the wood?
3. Where can I find the best-priced fabric?
4. What tools will I need?
5. If I buy used furniture, what should I look out for? (Warning signs)
6. How many cans of stain will I need?
7. How many yards of fabric will I need?
8. What is the best type of fabric to use (cotton, wool, etc)?
9. Besides a stain and fabric, what other materials will be required?
10. Where can I find the best-priced dining set?
A successful outcome will look like a table and four chairs that look like they were made by a professional. In other words, I do not want my guests to be able to look at the table and chairs and know that they were made by a furniture amateur.
This project will allow me to play and make with my own two hands. Failure would look like me being unsatisfied with the results and selling the dining set on Craigslist rather than using them in my own home.
Main tool for research: Pinterest
Wish me luck!